I really want you to have an amazing birth.
Not an “okay” birth.”
Not a “not bad” birth.
Not a “kinda sucky, kinda good” birth.
A radically good, powerful, mind-blowing birth. 🤯 😇
I Believe You Deserve To:
- Go into labour when your body and baby are ready
- Privately labour and have people come to you to support you in your space
- Trust and know every single person present at the birth of your baby
- Be supported by people who really know you, your partner and your preferences
- Feel private enough to be sexual during labour, if you want to, knowing it may help
- Feel unrestrained and not self-conscious about your sounds
- Feel unhurried and completely free of time-pressure
- Be verbally encouraged if you feel tired, overwhelmed or defeated
- Be believed, seen and heard
- Remain uninterrupted—physically, emotionally, mentally—through labour so you can focus
- Enjoy your first embrace with your newborn, heart-to-heart contact, straight after giving birth to them
- Snuggle into your own sheets after giving birth
- Have the memory of “I gave birth in this house” linger pleasantly with you as you raise your baby (for those who want to birth at home)
I think these things 👆🏻 are the markers of a positive birth experience. We need to curate our births around these things.
This Is The Kind Of Birth You Deserve
This birth video is incredible. It shows a young mama, Bekah, majorly blissing out in labour. Then she gives birth in her home with her midwife, husband and mother by her side (and a few others). Here’s the full length video (13 mins) if you’re curious. I think this is the type of birth that EVERY woman deserves! 😊
In Birth, You’re Worthy Of Feeling:
- in control
- so proud
- broken down
- deeply grateful
- fully connected
- in awe
Love to hear your dreams for birth. Let’s schedule a call.
Stephanie Renee Cluff